The New Broker Essential Skills Certificate Program gives entry-level licensees the best possible footing for a successful life-long career in the property and casualty insurance industry.
Developed in response to the stated needs of brokerage managers, and with the significant support of CNS, one of B.C.’s largest insurers, the New Broker Essential Skills Certificate Program provides a full range of technical and interpersonal skills – all the practical skills necessary for long-term success in the P&C insurance industry.
Put your best foot forward
Are you relatively new to the insurance brokerage industry? If you entered the industry within the past three years, then get on track!
Throughout the program you’ll work with an industry mentor who will help guide your studies and assist you along the way.
To be accepted into the program the applicant must…
- Have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Insurance or the CAIB 1 examination
- Be currently licensed and employed by a B.C. brokerage
- Have been licensed as a broker for less than four years
- Each student must have a personal mentor
- Each step must be completed in order
- Students have four years maximum to complete the program; no extensions will be granted
- Graduates will receive a certificate in their specialization stream, suitable for framing
- Students can complete both the Personal Lines and Commercial Lines streams if they wish
What You’ll Gain
- Learn practical skills in addition to the technical aspects of insurance contracts
- Advance faster; increase your value to your employer
- Develop a mentor relationship that will help provide context for what you learn
- Gain confidence and identify professional and personal growth opportunities as they arise
The Program application fee is $95 for IBABC members; $195 for non-members and is non-refundable. After that, costs for each CAIB course and CE seminar are at the usual IBABC listed rates.