WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in North America. The firm has a team of over 850 professionals located in 19 cities across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
Here at BFL our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a face-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for a Client Service Assistant in Real Estate for its Vancouver Office!
As a member of our Real Estate division, you will be responsible to assist the Client Service Manager (CSM) and/or Client Executive (CE) to provide the highest quality service to clients by providing professional and accurate documentation.
If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A CLIENT SERVICE ASSISTANT
- Processes submissions and/or summaries and provides to Marketing, with clear instructions and direction from CSM/CE.
- Obtains claims history from claims department on behalf of CSM/CE.
- Processes proposals for new and renewal business, with clear instructions and direction from the CSM/CE.
- Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner, in the absence of the CSM/CE.
- Processes cover notes/binders, invoices, certificates of insurance, enclosure/clarification letters, memos, and other documentation as required, with clear instructions and direction from CSM/CE.
- Maintains expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to date.
- Requests and follows up with Marketing for outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation.
- Creates abeyances and advises CSM/CE of follow ups on outstanding items from Marketing and clients.
- Processes incoming mail and directs to appropriate personnel within the department.
- Works with Accounting Department to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues.
- Monitors and follows up on outstanding client receivables, as instructed by the CSM/CE.
- Organizes and prepares premium financing, when required.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
- Follows corporate policies and procedures
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2-3 years Commercial insurance related experience an asset
- Level 2 license
- Maintenance of licensing requirements/continuing education,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others throughout the organization,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, EPIC, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work with high volume accounts, in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management/organizational skills
- Client focused and service oriented
- Energetic and flexible
- Mature, positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.