WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in North America. The firm has a team of over 950 professionals located in 22 cities across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
Here at BFL our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for a Client Service Advisor, Personal Lines for its Vancouver Office!
As a member of our Personal Lines division you will be responsible to provide a high level of customer service for current and potential personal lines customers by providing service oriented and informative support regarding our insurance products. This position embraces business development, promotion of our product offering, and work flow improvements in relation to online business.
If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A CLIENT SERVICE ADVISOR
- Assist with policy renewals, coverage comparisons and recommendations.
- Manage accounts receivables and financed premium flows.
- Assist customers with online purchasing techniques
- Help identify opportunities of improvement in online sales.
- Receive incoming calls in a professional manner.
- Adhere to BFL service standards and guidelines.
- Recommend changes or improvements to procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying the product and participating in educational opportunities.
- Other tasks as required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in online platforms
- Knowledge of relationship between personal and commercial insurance products within the residential segment.
- Ability to negotiate with personal insurance carriers and underwriters with confidence
- Strong understanding of insurer performance, loss ratios and profitability
- 2+ years insurance industry experience preferred
- Level 2 License or willingness to obtain in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically
- Positive, growth focused and action oriented mindset
- Ability to multitask to manage diverse portfolio and projects and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to identify efficiencies and systems improvements
- Ability to draw up business plans and pitch ideas to improve online sales and grow the business
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.