Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to together mobilize a brighter future for all and help British Columbians down’s life’s many roads.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a precondition of new employment. A successful candidate offered employment at BCAA will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment. Exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2021!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2021, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA's CXO Division is searching for a Service Location Manager in Nanaimo, BC!
This position is responsible for leading and managing sales team members to support BCAA to become the most trusted organization in British Columbia. You will lead your team to deliver sustainable, profitable top line growth powered by a productive, professional and engaged member focused team that provides amazing Member experiences. With the support of either a Assistant Manager or Team Lead, under the direction of the Director, Member Experience and Sales, you will lead the daily operations of a Membership based Insurance agency.
Leads and develops a team through coaching, career development, succession planning and communication. More specifically,
- Builds a talented team through consistent and disciplined coaching to deepen Member relationships
- Effectively communicates and aligns the location’s activities with the corporate strategy
- Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable
Member Experience Delivery
Consistently meets or exceed established Member experience standards and BCAA/CAA metrics within the location. Leads team members on all Member-facing channels (in-person, phone and web) in order to provide a seamless Member experience during all types of Member conversations.
Meets or exceeds established sales growth targets through effective business planning and execution of plans. This includes the acquisition of new insurance and membership business and retention of current business.
Optimize productivity and staffing levels within the location. With the support of BCAA systems and tools, adheres to processes and standards. Implements business transformation solutions and other changes as required.
Maintains a high-energy, effective sales and service work environment with a highly engaged and productive sales team. Recruits and retains skilled team members. This is demonstrated through consistency in recognizing team members, enthusiastic support of corporate campaigns, developmental and succession planning and injection of positive energy and fun into the workplace.
Disciplined Risk Management
Ensures the location’s operations, document processing and Member conversations are in compliance with corporate standards. Fortifies disciplined risk management practices through continuous development of team members.
- If you are the supervisory level 3 for the service location, you are also responsible to the Insurance Council of BC for the activities of this location and to ensure that your team meets all regulatory requirements in relation to the sale of insurance products. Daily responsibilities for checking documents and inventory does not necessarily fall to the level 3 individual, but this responsibility still remains with the management team to designate as they see fit.
Helps improve the image of BCAA brand. In collaboration with Marketing and other BCAA internal partners, engages in activities that decrease the team’s carbon footprint, participates in BCAA sponsored events and corporate sponsored charities.
- University degree preferably in marketing or business and a minimum four years of experience at a supervisory or management level in a sales environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Demonstrated sales coaching, leadership and business building
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment, selection and succession planning
- Proven ability to manage employee performance and change management
- Proven organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person and over the phone
- Proven attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite products
- Experience with supervising an insurance agency
- Level 3 insurance license or CAIB certification
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- Completion of BCAA insurance-related and leadership training
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of errors & omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC