We staff and hire the very best. People who are professional, experienced, and genuinely focused on exceeding the needs of our customers. We have a lot of fun and we are committed to being an employer of choice by providing a comprehensive benefit and pension program, a generous time off and education policy including your birthday off and all sorts of great staff celebrations throughout the year. Not to mention our annual Dream' program that awards four lucky team members with up to $10,000 towards their dream, whatever it may be €¦
We also happen to sell insurance ..want to work with us?
Megson FitzPatrick is looking for an ambitious, engaging Lloyd's Underwriter to be a part of our Commercial Team. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance to our Lloyd's Underwriting guidelines.
- Analyze property and liability requests for quotes, renewals, policy changes and recommend innovative solutions;
- Negotiate and underwrite business using our philosophies and guidelines;
- Refer risks that are not within assigned authority levels;
- Proactively grow the liability portfolio through strategy, development, and implementation in tandem with the Lloyd's Team Leader;
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of contracts, forms, wordings, and company products;
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with the commercial team;
- Make recommendations to improve the department and increase its efficiency;
- Participate in regular Lloyd's meetings;
- Participate in annual contract renewals;
- Participate in annual Lloyd's planning;
- Attend industry events;
- Remain up to date with industry knowledge;
- All other duties as directed by management.
Location and Status:
Permanent full-time employment (35 hrs/week)
Hours: 9am - 5pm
- Minimum of 3-5 years of commercial insurance experience;
- Previous commercial underwriting experience is required;
- Completion of or working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation;
- University degree would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Commercial Insurance wordings;
- Strong analytical, assessment, decision-making, and organizational skills;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products and computer tools;
- Motivated and a self-starter;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a changing environment.
Values & Competencies:
- Strong business acumen;
- Competitive by nature;
- Strong people skills with the ability to get along with all personalities;
- Strong initiative with a can-do attitude;
- Detail oriented;
- High level of follow-up and follow through;
- Strong and confident;
- Efficient and always looking to improve processes and procedures.
Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please be advised Rogers Insurance Ltd. and CapriCMW have merged to become Acera Insurance Services Ltd. Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services., as part of the Rogers Insurance Group of Companies, will also transition to become Acera Insurance. Over the next few months, you will note that our documentation will be changing to reflect our new company name. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
To apply for a position, please go to https://www.megsonfitzpatrick.com/about-us/careers/ and complete an online profile/application. We will no longer accept resumes via email.