This is a great opportunity to join a well-established team of insurance professionals! We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun!
As a Commercial Lines Assistant, you will provide administrative assistance for new and renewal Commercial Lines business. This includes problem solving client concerns to ensure retention of business, and servicing client accounts by identifying additional business opportunities. This position provides back up support to ICBC and general insurance counter duties, and is also responsible for a variety of clerical duties as required.
What you’ll do:
- Order, review, and process commercial renewals, including opening new files, submitting claims, certificates of insurance, and bonding.
- Provide counsel to clients regarding insurance needs ensuring they have adequate information prior to entering into an insurance agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of all insurance products and services to effectively promote them to clients and facilitate referrals to relevant staff.
- Calculate Province of BC premiums for annual policies, requesting premiums and reconciliation with the Province as required.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager, complete applications, prepare binder, change requests, report claims, and policy paperwork as necessary.
- As ICBC back up, prepare quotes and sell Autoplan to new and existing clients.
- Maintain assigned filing systems, distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
What you’ll bring:
- Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson’s License, or CAIB 1 or equivalent and certification in ICBC Autoplan (or immediate enrollment upon commencement).
- Working knowledge of commercial lines products and services, basic understanding of insurance underwriting process, and strong knowledge of automobile insurance procedures.
- Six months of general office experience is preferred.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have a strong service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess computer skills including word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Are highly accurate and organized in an office environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position, with some Saturday availability required. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments and serves more than 5,000 insurance customers. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.
Find us at: