Navis is a Vancouver-based, owner operated marine insurance brokerage, run by boaters for boaters since 2011. We provide insurance for recreational boaters and commercial vessel owners, as well as marina operators, manufacturers, dealers, repairers, cargo transporters and others.
At Navis, our success is based on building long term relationships, by providing quality insurance solutions that meet our customer needs, delivered by our talented team of marine experts.
We have a casual, but professional vibe in our office and offer hybrid work options, development opportunities, competitive compensation, fun team events, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a lifestyle account.
The Account Manager is an inside sales role responsible for managing a book of yacht insurance business, by supporting customers to ensure that their insurance needs are met, including initiating new business, making mid-term changes, managing renewals and processing cancellations. The book of business is built through enquiries, referrals, and by realigning customers from Account Executives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Yacht Team to meet current client needs, including assisting with the processing of Renewals, Mid-Term Changes, and Cancellations. This includes invoicing, policy document issuance, client follow ups and Lloyds of London compliance checking.
- Producing renewals, mid-term transactions and new business processing and general yacht department enquires.
- Initiating new business by referral, call-in, warm outbound calling, or marketing initiatives.
- Planning, organizing, and conducting client meetings in conjunction with sales team members or independently.
- Taking new business applications over the phone or in person, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintaining and updating client information.
- Preparing new and renewal documentation, endorsements, invoicing and cover notes
- Processing and collection of payments and issuing refunds.
- Marketing of new and renewal business with domestic insurance markets, underwriters, or in-house programs.
- Preparing reports, and proposals for management as requested.
- Supporting the implementation of new business directives or initiatives.
- Acting as a representative at various industry functions including Boat Shows.
- Committed to customer service through building fostering and maintaining strong, trusted relationships.
- Adaptability to be able to effectively manage customer accounts realigned from Account Executives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to prepare written material including proposals, quotes and letters.
- Numerical ability to calculate discounts, rates, premiums, commissions, etc. using excel.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard processes and procedures.
- Critical thinking skills to assess options, approaches and conclusions.
- Good interpersonal skills and collaborative approach to be able to work towards common goals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet assigned tasks on time and with high accuracy.
- Ability to work with team members effectively and support others in developing their capabilities through training and mentoring.
- General Insurance Level 2 license in good standing with the Insurance Council.
- Experience in the insurance industry, providing support to customers.
- Familiarity with marine insurance, either through previous roles or through a personal passion for boating.
- Committed to continuous education through reading, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word), Outlook, and familiarity with an agency management system.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment, where teamwork, learning and growth are paramount, we want to hear from you!
Navis is committed to creating a workplace that fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion by attracting, retaining, and developing a talented and diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. As such, we encourage applications from individuals from all genders, backgrounds, and underrepresented groups.
Please apply through https://navis.bamboohr.com/careers/2