Build your insurance career at SASCU Insurance! We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun!
As an Insurance Advisor, you will provide a high level of service quality to clients on a variety of Autoplan and general insurance products and services. The Insurance Advisor demonstrates a sales, service, and community focus and is eager to contribute to the growth of the SASCU Insurance team.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying client needs and offer solutions to meet those needs, further solidifying the relationship.
- Provide counsel to repeat, walk-in and phone-in clients regarding Autoplan and other insurance services.
- Provide support to the Insurance team to promote efficient department operations and quality service delivery.
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate ICBC stock, office supplies, and ICBC batching.
- Maintain knowledge of insurance products and effectively promote them.
- Facilitate and follow-up on referrals to relevant areas of SASCU.
- General administration and other office duties.
What you’ll bring:
- A Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson’s License, or commitment to achieving licensing within 6 months.
- Six months of general insurance experience, or at least 1–3 years of sales and service experience.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High levels of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This position is full-time, Tuesday to Saturday, and is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments and serves more than 5,000 insurance customers. Learn more at www.sascu.com
The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.
Find us at: