We staff and hire the very best. People who are professional, experienced, and genuinely focused on exceeding the needs of our customers. We have a lot of fun and we are committed to being an employer of choice by providing a comprehensive benefit and pension program, a generous time off and education policy including your birthday off and all sorts of great staff celebrations throughout the year. Not to mention our annual ‘Dream’ program that awards four lucky employees with up to $10,000 towards their dream, whatever it may be…
We also happen to sell insurance…..want to work with us?
Account Director, Commercial Insurance
Megson FitzPatrick is looking for an ambitious, engaging, experienced Commercial Insurance Account Director to join our growing team. As an Account Director you will have the overall responsibility for maintaining and growing a book of small-medium business of accounts ranging from $500 - $15,000 in premium.
- Manage and service a book of commercial clients with annual trade-off as required and discussed with the Commercial Insurance Team Manager;
- Client base within the Greater Victoria and Nanaimo areas;
- Grow existing book of business by taking trade off as required, through organic growth and networking ;
- Set and achieve annual book revenue goals;
- Manage the renewal process;
- Participate in the claims process;
- Assist in collecting accounts receivables;
- Participate in up-sell and cross-sell initiatives to grow business;
- Assist the reactive new business team as required;
- Attend networking events;
- Works effectively and efficiently in our Broker Management System;
- Maintain a high level of customer service standards using our core values as the foundation of your service – Commit to Excellence, Take Ownership, Make Work Fun, Put People First;
- All other duties as directed by management.
Location and Status:
Nanaimo or Victoria, BC
Permanent full-time employment (35 hrs/week)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 – 5pm
- Minimum Level 2 license;
- Minimum 2 years of Commercial Insurance experience required;
- CAIB, CIP designation or on an education plan;
- Strong Initiative;
- Excellent communicator;
- 100% client focused and service oriented;
- Excellent organization skills;
- High level of follow-up and follow-through;
- Excellent time management.
Values & Competencies:
- High degree of professionalism and integrity;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to coach and be coached;
- Good judgement and decision-making skills;
- Works well within a team and independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible and adaptable with proven problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates initiative, self-management and a desire to learn and grow.
Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please be advised Rogers Insurance Ltd. and CapriCMW have merged to become Acera Insurance Services Ltd. Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services., as part of the Rogers Insurance Group of Companies, will also transition to become Acera Insurance. Over the next few months, you will note that our documentation will be changing to reflect our new company name. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
To apply for a position, please go to https://www.megsonfitzpatrick.com/about-us/careers/ and complete an online profile/application. We will no longer accept resumes via email.