Branch Manager, Insurance
Salary: $60,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Location: 552 Clarke Rd #404, Coquitlam, BC V3J 3X5
We are looking for a full-time Insurance Branch Manager to join our Brunette office.
As a Insurance Branch Manager you will provide leadership to the Insurance team, including Autoplan, Personal Lines, and Commercial Lines employees, leading them to achieve objectives, ensure operational efficiency, and deliver excellent service to customers.
We are Proud to Offer:
- We promote work-life balance through flexible scheduling and hours
- Employee Referral Incentive Program
- Positive work culture and environment
- Salary and Commission Income
- Comprehensive health and external benefits
Note: We are currently looking for candidates located in Metro Vancouver who have BC insurance licenses for immediate job opportunities. In order to be eligible for this role, All of our positions require you to be located in the province of British Columbia because there will be a need for in-person communication.
As a Insurance Branch Manager You will provide leadership to the Insurance team, including Autoplan, Personal Lines, and Commercial Lines employees, leading them to achieve objectives, ensure operational efficiency, and deliver excellent service to customers. We are looking for a Regular Full-Time employee with a strong understanding of the insurance sector and the ability to maintain positive working relationships to join our Brunette Office at 552 Clarke Rd #404, Coquitlam, BC V3J 3X5.
- Manage the overall operation of the insurance branch and supervise the team, including ICBC, Personal Lines, and Commercial Lines employees.
- Take ownership of customer concerns and resolve or support staff in correcting complex and/or difficult service situations.
- Obtain new business through acquisition of new customers and offering enhancements to existing customer coverages.
- With senior management support, execute marketing activities to build the insurance portfolio and achieve growth targets.
- Coach direct reports on objectives and ensure teamwork to achieve the desired results.
- Assist team with various administrative functions as required
- Maintain detailed accuracy of electronic files
- Provide friendly and professional service to customers and members of the team
- Run the day to day operations of the branch
- Leads, directs and supervises a team of licensed insurance agents to promote motivation and professionalism within the team.
- Establishes performance targets for the branch; monitors performance and provides coaching and direction to the branch to facilitate achievement of goals.
- Manage and process renewals on a timely basis and maintain high levels of client retention
- Assist on new business, contract review, pricing, mid-term endorsements and renewals.
- Prepare submissions, client proposals, binders, invoices, and other documentation
- Manage renewals in a timely and pro-active manner
- Policy wording reviews, research of information for our clients to ensure needs are addressed
- Reviews contracts to ensure insurance program meets requirements and works with insurers to amend coverages/ obtain agreement.
- Deliver a high level of customer service when resolving billing, policy change, coverage, and claims issues
- Keep accurate personal information for all sales prospects and customers within insurance company databases
- Accountability, customer-centric thinking, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
Education and Skills required:
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Level 2 license or working towards it
- At least 5 years of insurance industry experience
- CIP or CAIB designation preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be client focused
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
- Good quantitative skills and personal computer literacy strong Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal and written Detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization and independently carry out assignments
- Computer skills including working knowledge with Word & Excel
Are you able to ask great questions and have creative presentation skills? Do you enjoy assessing risk and have savvy negotiation abilities? If so, this position may be perfect for you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coquitlam, BC V3J 3X5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Commercial Insurance: 5 years (required)
- Level 2 BC General Insurance license required (required)
Work Location: In person