Who We Are
We are BC’s largest Insurance Broker and looking for individuals to grow with us! A career at HUB means your career opportunities are endless. From commercial lines, employee benefits, to becoming a full-time producer or account executive, we have a role for you. Our culture is renowned within the industry, and we value our people. Helping our clients protect what matters most is crucial to who we are, and we are on the lookout for those who share the same passion.
What We’re Looking For
YOU can be our next Commercial Placement Broker. The successful candidate is a self-starter who will work in collaboration with the Production team to strategize, develop and market new and renewal business for our clients. They should have a good understanding of the insurance marketplace and be able to build and maintain good working relationships with insurance carriers.
Our Burnaby Still Creek Head Office is centrally located in Willingdon Business Park. This location is easily accessible by the Gilmore Skytrain Station and near many shops, restaurants and amenities. Complimentary on-site fitness facilities and a shuttle service to Skytrain and the Amazing Brentwood is also available.
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of Commercial Lines experience
- Minimum 3 years of Commercial marketing/broking experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with and interpreting insurance policies
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Be able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
Asset experience that will make you stand out:
- Working knowledge of EPIC and PolicyWorks
- Those who are working towards or possess the CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designations are preferred
A Day in the Life
- Coordinates, plans, and develops marketing/broking initiatives for our clients
- Negotiates terms for new business, renewals, and mid-term changes with insurance carriers
- Gathers and organizes the information provided by Account Managers, Producers, internet and other sources to facilitate the renewal and new business submissions
- Reviews the expiry lists in advance and determines the following:
- Which accounts should be sent to market
- Which markets should be approached
- What information is required by insurers for renewals and new business
- Tracks and maintains a log of Insurers submission responses
- Prepares insurance summaries, underwriting proposals and cover notes for the Production team
- Analyzes and reviews policy wordings to ensure the proper coverages are in place
- Ongoing monitoring of the insurance marketplace. Maintains a current database of changing company "appetites"
- Acts as the senior client contact when the Producer is unavailable
- Daily review of activities and follow ups with Insurers on outstanding items (endorsements, policy wordings, quotes etc.)
- Review and compare quotations received to ensure accuracy and outline any coverage restrictions
- Provide alternate carrier options as needed
- Ensures that there are no gaps in coverage for our clients
- Prepares a summary of losses paid by insurers vs. premiums paid by the insured to assist in negotiating terms
- Binding of coverage, preparing documentation, certificates of insurance, mid-term changes, etc. in a timely fashion.
Where This Can Take You
We invest in our employees! We offer hands-on coaching and mentorship, alongside extensive training to ensure you succeed, today and tomorrow. Your journey with HUB can open doors to a diverse, rewarding career within the insurance industry and beyond!
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Company matching RRSP contributions
- Tuition financing and career-related training and development
- Customizable flexible benefits options for you and your family
- Mental and physical wellness initiatives
- A positive, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ongoing personal and career development
If this sounds like a place you want to be or want to talk to us about the role and opportunities, contact us/apply now.
Our Culture Starts with You
- We are looking for SELF-STARTERS with an ENTREPRENEURIAL mindset who will take OWNERSHIP of their business
- We want you to be INNOVATIVE and open to sharing your ideas
- You work with URGENCY while providing a high level of PROFESSIONAL SERVICE towards our customers, communities, & colleagues.
- You are a TEAM PLAYER who positively impact those around them; We MOTIVATE each other to GROW TOGETHER
- You work with a high degree of INTEGRITY and ACCOUNTABILITY
To find associated positions at our HUB simply search myHUBbc as a keyword in the search bar on our careers page!
Find us at: