Advance your insurance career at SASCU! We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you have on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism, not to mention, fun!
The Personal Lines Advisor provides proactive, thorough, and sound service to in-person and telephone customers on Personal Lines, Autoplan, and general insurance. This includes solving client concerns and servicing client accounts by identifying additional business opportunities. In conjunction with its primary duties, this position undertakes a variety of administrative duties as required.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare quotes and sell Personal Lines and Autoplan to new and existing customers.
- Provide counsel to customers regarding insurance needs, ensuring they have adequate information prior to entering into an insurance agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of all insurance products and services to effectively promote them to customers.
- Follow up on referrals and facilitates referrals to relevant staff.
- Post insurance policies, prepare daily trust account deposits, collect NSF payments, and administer the commercial invoicing processes.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager, prepare binders and complete applications, change requests, report claims, and policy paperwork as necessary.
What you’ll bring:
- Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson’s License, or CAIB 1 equivalent, and be eligible to hold a Level 2 General Insurance Agent’s License within 6 months of obtaining the position. Preference given to candidates with a Level 2 License or CAIB 2 equivalent.
- At least 2 years of general insurance experience.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Are knowledgeable of personal and automobile insurance procedures.
- Have a strong service orientation and demonstrated sales skills.
- Display accuracy, organization, and superior communication skills.
- Are committed to continuous learning and self-development.
- Have strong computer skills, including processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This is a full-time position working 5 days per week within the operating hours of the branch. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments and serves more than 5,000 insurance customers. Learn more at www.sascu.com
The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.
Find us at: