SeaFirst Insurance Brokers are insurance specialists. Our rapidly growing company has been providing our clients with the finest in general insurance services for over 40 years and are proud to be the largest general insurance brokers on the Saanich Peninsula, with offices in Brentwood Bay, Saanichton, Sidney, Salt Spring Island, Oak Bay, and Westshore. It is our philosophy to provide our clients with professional service, while at the same time, maintaining a positive work environment for our employees.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and analytical thinking Field Adjuster to join our growing claims team!
If you are interested in working for a local, community-oriented insurance brokerage, please connect with us – we want to hear from you!
What you will do in the role:
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims in accordance with the established SeaFirst field adjuster guidelines and meet audit requirements
- Ensure accurate and efficient payment of claims
- Support company goals by participating in back-ups needs and/or catastrophe situations
- Ensure reports are completed with accuracy within established timelines
- Mentor and support examiners as requested by management
- Work collaboratively with managers on special projects and assignments when required
- Report to the claims manager, and have functional relationships with the claims examiners and all SeaFirst staff, independent adjusters, and any lawyers
- Other duties as required
You can offer SeaFirst:
- 5+ years of residential and/or commercial adjusting experience with an IA or insurance carrier (including handling large liability and total loss property claims)
- Commercial property and general liability claims handling experience, this would be preferred
- Insurance license with a broker level 2 or equivalent, CIP, FCIP, or CRM or working towards the certifications
- Post-secondary education
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Your desire to be part of our dynamic and collaborative team
We offer Employees:
- Career growth opportunities and educational assistance
- Paid time off
- Frequent company events
- RRSP matching
- Extended health & dental care plus a health spending account
- Employee and family assistance program with comprehensive Mental Health services
- Fitness and wellness subsidy
Where and when you will work:
- Brentwood Office, with remote option
- Generally Monday to Friday, between 8:00am – 5:00pm
- It is to be expected that the applicant will travel to other SeaFirst offices and will travel within the Greater Victoria area, as well as the Gulf Islands
- Permanent, Full-time employment (40 hrs/week)
Please submit your application with a resume & cover letter (optional). If you are interested in viewing the full job description, please press this link on our Bamboo job posting: Field Adjuster Job Description
This posting will remain open until filled.
We look forward to hearing from you and connecting with you!
Find us at: