Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
Are you ready to turn your passion for insurance into a rewarding career? Join us, the largest financial institution on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, as we embark on a mission to protect dreams and assets! We're on the lookout for an Insurance Representative, Level 1 who is not only knowledgeable but also enthusiastic about safeguarding what matters most to people. If you're someone who is passionate about providing peace of mind, being a trusted guardian for our clients valued assets, then we want to hear from you. Let's reshape the way people think about insurance - it's not just policies; it's a shield of empathy and security. Step into a career where you can, champion financial well-being, and create a difference. Don't miss your chance to apply for this exciting opportunity - apply now and be part of an incredible journey as an Insurance Representative, Level 1!
What’s the role?
As an Insurance Representative, Level 1, you are responsible for building successful relationships through the promotion and cross-selling of all insurance products and services to meet client needs. You will process insurance related transactions for personal lines, automobile insurance and motor vehicle branch transactions, as well as respond to client reports concerning loss or damage to facilitate the processing of claims.
What are we looking for?
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson License
- Minimum of one (1) year insurance industry related experience
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to pursue continuous learning opportunities
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into a world of meaningful work that's sprinkled with a whole lot of excitement. Our team knows how to work hard and play hard, ensuring that every step of your journey with us is rewarding. With a comprehensive compensation package and a work/life balance that's the envy of the industry, we're not just offering you a job – we're presenting you with an opportunity to build a lasting career. Join the league of countless professionals who've found their home with us!