We staff and hire the very best. People who are professional, experienced, and genuinely focused on exceeding the needs of our customers. We have a lot of fun and we are committed to being an employer of choice by providing employer paid benefits, a generous time off and education policy including your birthday off and all sorts of great staff celebrations throughout the year. Not to mention our annual ‘Dream’ program that awards four lucky team members with up to $10,000 towards their dream, whatever it may be…
We also happen to sell insurance…..want to work with us?
Auto Insurance Training Specialist, Learning & Development
Team Leader, Auto Insurance
• Provide a welcoming learning environment and experience to the team;
• Act as the ICBC point person and impart information to the Auto Team;
• Provide hands-on training and support for new and existing employees on various software programs such as EPIC, workflows, and best practices.
• Monitor the quality of work performed following training to ensure that the skill level meets standards and advise management for areas of improvement;
• Contribute to the development of processes and best practices;
• Communicate with teams, individuals, EPIC coordinator and the management team to identify additional training needs;
• Advise team leader if there are any areas of improvement for the team or an individual;
• Work with the team to evaluate, identify and estimate the best technical solutions for our clients;
• Support the improvement of our development processes and tools to optimize the delivery of technical projects;
• Bring innovative ideas to help make our environment and processes better;
• Provide excellent customer service to our autoplan clients both over the phone and in person;
• Help clients with a wide range of ICBC transactions, private insurance options, and products;
• Work in ICBC’s Policy Centre;
• All other duties as directed by management.
LOCATIONS AND STATUS:
• Victoria, BC
• Full-time, permanent (37.5 hours/per week)
• 5 years of ICBC experience preferred;
• Level 2 General License preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
VALUES & COMPETENCIES:
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm for employee training and development;
• Flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated problem-solving abilities;
• High degree of professionalism and integrity;
• Demonstrated accountability and reliability in the quality and timeliness of work;
• Critical thinker with strong attention to detail;
• Works well within a team and is able to adjust to tight and changing deadlines;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills;
• A strong desire to provide exceptional customer service;
• Good judgement and decision-making skills;
• High level of follow-up and follow-through;
• An organized and efficient style with an eye for improving processes and procedures;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Shows initiative, self-management, and a desire to learn and grow;
• Strong insurance technical skills;
• Aptitude for sales considered an asset.
Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please be advised Rogers Insurance Ltd. and CapriCMW have merged to become Acera Insurance Services Ltd. Megson FitzPatrick Insurance Services., as part of the Rogers Insurance Group of Companies, will also transition to become Acera Insurance. Over the next few months, you will note that our documentation will be changing to reflect our new company name. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
To apply for a position, please go to https://www.megsonfitzpatrick.com/about-us/careers/ and complete an online profile/application. We will no longer accept resumes via email.