See attached role description.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Markel is recuiting a new role of Western Regional Business Development Account Executive and seeking candidates with brokerage and underwriting experience and regional relationships.
• Applicable education and significant progressive sales and business experience within the insurance and/or financial services industries. You will have a proven track record deploying innovative strategies to achieve superior business results.
• Understanding of intermediary distribution channels, with an emphasis on commercial insurance brokerages, and a proven ability and track record of winning business in partnership/affinity models. Nonintermediated sales experience would be an additional asset. • Previous experience as an underwriter and/or a broker is an asset
• An accomplished team player, you create trust, influence and credibility at all levels. You put the needs of the team first and are supportive, curious, collaborative and candid, open to new ideas and innovation.
• You possess the strategic thinking ability and agility to assess the competitive landscape, successfully anticipate what the competition will do next and execute a winning strategy.
• Focused, data and outcome driven, the Western Business Development Account Executive will play a contributing role in building a more results driven accountable culture, aimed at ensuring the business is nimble, customer focused and can make effective, fact based decisions swiftly.
• An effective relationship builder with deep sales literacy, you understand how to successfully sell ideas, products and/or concepts both internally and externally, utilizing data driven, fact based foundations to build durable networks.
• An exceptional communicator, you present the organization’s value proposition with poise, passion and purpose.
• Proactive, confident and self-motivated, you bring an unshakable belief in long term value creation over short-term successes, establishing a high level of credibility externally and internally.
• You bring experience serving as an effective brand ambassador and storyteller, with strength in appropriate aspects of branding including e-commerce, digital and business-to-business.
• Analytically skilled with strong project management capabilities.
• Self-starter with a curious and progressive mind.
• Approaches change in a positive manner
• Takes ownership and accountability for own development and achievement of goals
• Actively helps others to succeed
• Demonstrates inclusive behaviours
• Holds self and others accountable to Markel's cultural standards
• Experience developing professional grade sales and marketing content is an additional asset.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Dynamics (CRM), which are required for Markel’s reporting and communication.
• Familiarity with AI data driven knowledge software platforms is an additional asset.
You emulate the Markel Style which is our Core Values.
Find us at: