About Acera Insurance
Acera Insurance is one of the largest independent, employee-controlled brokerages in Canada. With over 60 locations across Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and the Yukon, and $1 billion in gross written premium, our team provides individuals, families and businesses unbiased insurance and risk management solutions that have a distinct Canadian perspective. Our collaborative work structure combines our people’s strength and expertise to offer greater value, knowledge and resources to our personal and commercial clients nationwide, including comprehensive group benefits.
Location: Kelowna, Hardy or Burnaby (In Office)
The Team Leader, Commercial Client Care oversees the daily operations and workflow of the Commercial Client Care team members. Commercial Client Care produces, markets and administers Acera client accounts and specialty programs primarily under $10,000 in premium; ensuring the needs of the client are met by delivering the highest quality service in communication, documentation and professional integrity.
- Work directly with the Director, Commercial Client Care
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operations and workflow of the Commercial Client Care team
- Responsible for bringing synergies between all Commercial Client Care offices
- Acting in an advisory role and providing mentoring to Commercial Client Care team members
- Maintain/Track outstanding AR and ensuring Acera policies and procedures regarding premium collection are followed and provide training if required
- Provide training as necessary to ensure consistent workflows between all Commercial Client Care offices for new business, renewals, endorsements, cancellation procedures and any other relevant documentation requirements
- Provide training and develop consistent workflows to ensure sales and marketing systems are being utilized consistently between all Commercial Client Care offices. Ie Policyworks, EPIC, Certificate issuance
- Maintain Insurer relationships with ongoing Commercial Client Care initiatives
- Ensure equal distribution of workload/renewals amongst Commercial Client Care team members
- Manage and approve / decline incoming transfers and assigning of accounts to Commercial Client Care CE’s
- Monitor Commercial Client Care phone line for voicemails and distribute accordingly
- Point person/conduit for management to obtain or distribute information
- Back-up to Director, Commercial Client Care during absences and busy periods as related to Commercial Client Care department
- Client advocate, providing advice on all range of insurance products, services and coverage options
- Maintain/track expiration reports
- Maintain existing book of business, which includes requesting renewal information, making recommendations for additional coverages or improved conditions, client visits where necessary, obtaining renewal instructions, binding renewals and drafting cover notes.
- Providing clear instructions to Client Associate to complete administration duties which include: processing cover notes, certificates, invoicing, policy and endorsement follow-ups and other administrative duties as time permits.
- Produce new business from referrals, producer transfers and policy rounding from existing and new clients; working with clients directly to gather necessary information, prepare and send submission to insurance companies
- Claims advocate which includes obtaining information with client directly, reporting to Acera Claims department, assisting client with the claims process and ensuring client satisfaction
- Responsible for premium collection, adhering to the Acera A/R policies and striving to collect all outstanding premiums within 30 days of policy placement; initiating cancellation process if necessary as per Acera policies and procedures
- Continued education through designation programs such as CIP, CAIB or licensing credits
- Maintain and develop relationships with our program and non-program markets
- Keep updated with current market place rating, products, etc. by taking relevant seminars and courses on an ongoing basis
- Prioritize daily time-sensitive tasks
- Back-up other department members during absences and busy period
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, and industry standards
- Participate in learning opportunities to develop skill-set and knowledge
- Develop personal development plan and participate in Company performance review process
- Participate in company functions and meetings
- High school diploma
- Level II Licensed Insurance Agent
- Minimum two years of experience working on commercial accounts
- Proficiency in EPIC, Microsoft Office and other related programs
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability to workflow or procedure changes
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of market conditions , insurance products and policy wordings
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional working relationships with clients, underwriters and colleagues
- Prior supervision and mentoring experience with ability to motivate team
Why join our team?
As a valued member of our Acera Insurance (formerly CapriCMW) family, you will be awarded a competitive annual salary, evaluated on your education, skills, and experience, including:
- Generous incentives and bonus programs
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Life, disability, health, and dental insurance coverage
- Group RRSP program
- Employer-matched pension plan
- Discounts on Acera's services and products
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness and Lifestyle Spending Accounts
- Career development through leadership training and learning resources
- And many more!
Acera Insurance offers a fun, collaborative work environment with lots of opportunity for long-term professional and personal growth. As an independent, employee-owned company, we are proud to be named one of Canada's Best Workplaces™ in Financial Services and Insurance by Great Place to Work®.
Acera Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Find us at: