Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Insurance Representative, Level 1 in Port McNeill, so if you’re passionate about insurance, and helping people protect themselves and their assets we’d like to hear from you.
What’s the role?
As an Insurance Representative, Level 1, you will effectively cross-sell the services of Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd. and Coastal Community Credit Union. You will report to the Agency Manager.
Your duties will include:
- Organizing, controlling and distributing all batching, inventory, stock reconciliations, banking and all other ICBC agency functions
- Performing all clerical and general insurance office functions
- Actively training and/or assisting in ICBC and general insurance transactions with the responsibility to train others from time to time in ICBC functions
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned
- Actively promoting the organization in the community in a positive manner
- Ensuring that all department work meets standards in presentation, quality and timeliness as directed
- Providing a friendly, courteous and communicative service while responding immediately and diplomatically to questions and concerns
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Secondary school diploma.
- Applicable licensing concurrent with position of Level 1.
- Should a Level II license be required, must be prepared to obtain required license within 24 months as directed by the Insurance Manager
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Demonstration of a professional manner in speech, conduct, and appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as required in an environment of quality service and cross-selling.
- A practical knowledge of ICBC related computer skills and understanding of the operation of a PC.
- Ability to operate general office equipment and knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability and incentive to upgrade skills and knowledge.
- A commitment to the Strategic Planning process.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Coastal Community has been in business over 70 years, and we’re proud of the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned and locally-based—all of Coastal Community’s operations, Board of Directors and employees are based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, with all decisions made locally.
- We’re a growing organization with over 2.5 billion in Credit Union assets, serving over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home, and in the last five years alone, we’ve contributed $2.5 million to community partners across our islands.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!